The nature of business demands a permanent online presence — 24/7/365. A fluctuating amount of requests hits servers, and challenges IT staff to both provide a fast response and save money during lulls.
The amount of data grows rapidly, and this needs to be quickly analyzed and made available to BizDev. Every minute of downtime means major revenue loss. Working on several public clouds using their API is an additional challenge: Google GCE, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Together we integrate and maintain the following technologies, just to name a few:
1. Application servers: Apache, Nginx, custom-Java, Twisted-Python.
2. Database servers: MySQL, MemSQL, PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Aerospike, Redis.
3. Data Collection and Analysis: ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Logstash, FluentD, Caravel, Periscope.
4. Caching and load-balancing: CDN networks, Squid, Haproxy, Google LB. BigData: Kafka, Storm, Spark, Amazon Redshift, Hadoop.
5. CI/CD: Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Artifactory, GO-CD Pipelines, Kubernetes, virtualenv.
6. Developer support: Java, Python, PHP, Nodejs, BackupPC, OwnCloud, NewRelic, Zabbix, GitHub, OpsGenie, JScrambler, MaxMind, RabbitMQ, Rundeck.